|Public Presentations |
- In 2020, served as Invited Keynote Speaker at the International Management and Finance Conference in
Prague, Czech Republic.
- In 2017, served as a Keynote Speaker at the 6th International Business and Management Conference in
- In June 2015, chaired the Marketing session at the International Business and Management Conference
in Vienna, Austria, and presented a paper "Reluctantly Volitional Consumption amid Cultural Transition in
- In 2014, co-chaired (with Deon Nel) a track "Marketing in BRICS" at the 2014 World Marketing Congress
in Lima, Peru, and co-moderated (with John Ford) a Cross-Track Round Table
- In 2013, delivered a video presentation via the remote link at the Winter Forum for Faculty conducted by
the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics in Moscow, Russia
- In 2013, organized and chaired a Round Table expert discussion "When East Meets West: Cross-Cultural
Consumer Research" at the European conference of the Association for Consumer Research in
Barcelona, Spain. Participants from 4 continents represented 12 different cultures
- In 2012, co-chaired (with Michael Czinkota) a track "Marketing in BRICS" at the 2012 World Marketing
Congress, organized a special session on cross-cultural research, and presented two research papers
(with Roy Toffoli and Karen Spohn, respectively)
|Research and Scholarship|
- "Cultural Transition and Socio-Cultural Taxonomy of Consumers in BRICS Countries"
- "Consumer Behavioral Trends in Transitional Economies: Problem of Choice in BRICS"
- "Consumer Behavioral Trends in Transitional Economies: Role of Subjective Expected Utility"
- "Cultural Shock, Shift and Progression: Similarities and Differences of Consumer Behavior in BRICS